Application for Enrolment
- Applications close 27 July 2018.
- Acceptance letters will be emailed and/or posted in 1 August 2018.
If you have any further queries please contact Denise Doherty 03 375 1871.
The College is intended primarily for Catholic boys from Years 9-13. In terms of the Integration Agreement signed between the College and the Crown, a certain percentage of the total roll must consist of “Preference” pupils. Normally, a “Preference” pupil will be a baptised Catholic. If you are in doubt as to whether your son qualifies as a “Preference” pupil please consult the Rector. Those who apply for a place as a “Preference” pupil should submit a Preference Card with their Application.
A small percentage of the total roll may be “Non-Preference” pupils. Places are given to such pupils on the basis of availability. “Non-Preference” pupils are expected to take a full part in all aspects of College life and have the same opportunities and responsibilities as the “Preference” pupils.
The Criteria Promulgated by the New Zealand Catholic Bishops’ Conference, which are to be used by Proprietors and their Agents, in order to Grant Preference of Enrolment are:
5.1. The child has been baptised or is being prepared for baptism in the Catholic Church.
5.2. The child’s parents/guardians have already allowed one or more of its siblings to be baptised in the Catholic faith.
5.3. At least one parent/guardian is a Catholic, and although their child has not yet been baptised, the child’s participation in the life of the school could lead to the parents having the child baptised.
5.4. With the agreement of the child’s parent/guardian, a significant familial adult such as a grandparent, aunt or uncle who is actively involved in the child’s upbringing undertakes to support the child’s formation in the faith and practices of the Catholic Church.
5.5. One or both of a child’s non-Catholic parents/guardians is preparing to become a Catholic.
Day Students Fees per annum
Attendance Dues $1,145.40
* Old Boys Association Membership $80.00
* Building Fund Contribution $625.00
* School Contribution $550.00
* Proprietors Contribution $160.00
* Special Character Contribution $160
* e-Learning Contribution $80
Total Fee per annum $2,800.40
* Eligible for 33.33% donation rebate with Inland Revenue
• These fees are subject to change at any time.
• St Bede’s College has a payment hierarchy whereby Attendance Dues and other Required charges are paid first. If you wish to make a payment for a specific activity etc, it is important that the payment transfer contain specific information in the Particulars, Code & Reference fields. Please see below:
– Particulars: Student Surname
– Code: Student Enrolment Number (available a Student Account Statement)
– Reference: Name of the charge you would like this money to pay eg. Rugby trip, Maths Workbook, Retreat etc.
• School fees are charged at the beginning of the year for the entire year and a statement will be sent out within the first few weeks of Term 1.
• The figures quoted above are an estimate only, and do not include fees or charges for school trips, sports clubs or some classroom consumables. In some instances, these fees are required to be paid before the activity takes place. If this is going to cause hardship, please contact Madeleine Castle firstname.lastname@example.org.
• It is possible to set up a second AP to cover these incidental charges, historically a figure of $500.00 has been a fair estimate. However, the exact amount to pay is entirely dependent on your son’s involvement in the St Bede’s College community.
• We request that School Accounts are cleared by the end of the school year, however, if this will not be possible, please contact Madeleine Castle email@example.com.
• See full schedule of payments
• See Hardship Relief for assistance with Attendance Dues.
For details of Boarding Fees please click here.
There are four scholarships available for boys entering St Bede’s at Year 9. All applicants are required to be Catholic. The scholarships awarded are based on the results of the Common Entrance Assessment Test (CEAT) and scholarship examination held during CEAT weekend. More information. Register your interest in these scholarships by requesting an Information and Response form from firstname.lastname@example.org once your son has been offered a place.