- A passion for boys’ education
- A beautiful modern campus in the heart of Christchurch
- Visionary Catholic leadership, delivering excellence in teaching and learning
About the College:
Established over 100 years ago, the St Bede’s College exists to educate young men in Catholic, Marist traditions with Jesus Christ at its centre. St Bede’s is a Year 9-13 Integrated College for boarders and day boys, located in Christchurch, with a role of over 800 students and over 100 staff.
Faith is an integral part of everyday life at St Bede’s and the boys are encouraged to live out their faith through the Sacraments, prayer and service to the community.
The strong culture of St Bede’s College encourages a sense of community that extends beyond current students to include all past and present students and staff, and their families. Teaching and learning programmes are designed to ensure each boy engages with and receives a holistic education that reflects their individual needs, interests, hopes and aspirations.
About The Role:
The Rector/Principal/Tumuaki is responsible for the overall strategic leadership of the College, inspiring the team and leading the thriving college into the future.
The role reports to the Board of Trustees and is also accountable to the Board of Proprietors in relation to the College’s Special Character, its property, and in relation to the operation of the Boarding School.
Willingness and ability to participate in religious instruction appropriate to the Special Character of the school is a condition of appointment.
The role includes the option of an accommodation package to live on campus.
Skills & Experience:
To be successful in the role you will:
- Be a committed and active Roman Catholic, and a visible witness within your Catholic community
- Have a passion for holistic Catholic education
- Be a strong and experienced educationalist with deep knowledge of the needs of boys/young men and boys’ education
- Have a track record of success as a strategic leader, leading people with a clear sense of direction, with leadership presence and mana
- Relate easily to students, colleagues and whānau alike
- Lead change with conviction and resilience
- Be committed to biculturalism in the spirit of Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and sensitive to multicultural issues
- Have strengths in building and maintaining networks and stakeholder relationships, actively engaging with all stakeholders
- Have the ability to represent St Bede’s College as a brand ambassador
- Bring energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to inspire others
- Be an open and direct communicator
- Be an honest and emotionally mature person with integrity, and appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
- Experience with boarding would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Candidates can view the Candidate Briefing document including a full Position Description and apply, in strict confidence, online at www.sheffield.co.nz
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to email@example.com quoting 8392SIaa.
Please click here to complete the ‘Special Character Position Form’ and include as part of your application.
Applications close on 20 November 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email. For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64(0)27 4478 102.