From Wednesday 26 September - Monday 1 October.
Thank you all for the continued support.
There has been a little bit of confusion over who goes on the run so hopefully the following information helps.
In total 150 boys will be selected for the run with 10 Marian students joining us. Over 250 boys have put their names down for selection so there are some tough decisions to be made. Boys from every year level are selected with greater numbers in Y12- 13.
Next week we will name an initial group of runners. They will be named as a group not on individual legs – this will happen closer to the actual run. By week 6 they need to be able to show that they are well underway with their fundraising and are making the times required with their runs. Unfortunately if they cannot do this their place may be jeopardized. Attendance at school and effort will also be a consideration. Those who are selected for the run are expected to raise a minimum of $500.
Boys who are not named initially could very easily be called into the running team so should keep up their training too.
Home Team Day – this takes place on Friday 28 September, the last day of term. All those still at school – staff and students- are involved on the front field. There are prizes for the number of laps each student runs or walks . Other events such as a dunking machine, zorb balls and a vertical bungy have been organized and there will be plenty of food trucks available for students and staff to buy food. Entertainment will be running all day too. It is a day of fun, whilst promoting CanTeen and raising money for them. Students and staff from Marian will join us. All students on the Home Team are encouraged to raise $100.
This Sunday from 1-3pm Stirling Sports Northlands and Asics will be here in the dining room fitting running shoes and offering discounts. I encourage anyone who needs running shoes or gear to come along.
If you have any questions please just email me.
Rachel Pitcaithly - firstname.lastname@example.org
Route 1 - Pakawau
- Pakawau --- Motueka 98km's (Via Takaka Hill)
- Motueka --- Gowan River 110km's (Via Kawatiri)
- Gowan River --- Springs Junction 111km's (Via Shenandoah Hwy)
- Springs Junction --- Culverden 109km's (Via Lewis Pass)
- Culverden --- St Bede’s 94km's (Via Amberley, Rangiora)
Total of 522kms
Route 2 - Karamea
- Karamea --- Westport 98km's
- Westport --- Greymouth 105km's (Via Punakaiki)
- Greymouth --- Springs Junction 124km's (Via Ngahere)
- Springs Junction --- Hanmer Springs 100km's
- Hanmer Springs --- Christchurch 125km's (Via Kaiapoi)
Total of 552kms
Route 3 - Nelson
- Nelson --- St Arnaud 105km's (Via Kawatiri)
- St Arnaud --- Blenheim 103km's
- Blenheim --- Molesworth Station 100km's (Via Awatere Valley)
- Molesworth --- Hanmer Springs 125km's
- Hanmer Springs-- Christchurch 125km's (Via Kaiapoi)
Total of 558kms
Route 4 - Motueka
- Motueka --- Nelson 102km's
- Nelson --- Picton 112km's (Via Queen Charlotte Dr)
- Picton --- Clarence 118km's (Clarence River)
- Clarence --- Cheviot 117km's
- Cheviot --- Christchurch 110km's (Via Kaiapoi)
Total of 559kms
- Haast ---- Fox Glacier 123km's
- Fox Glacier ---- Harihari 88km's
- Harihari ---- Kumara 109km's
- Kumara ----- Castle Hill 100km's
- Castle Hill ----- Christchurch 128km's
- Mt Cook --- Lake Benmore 102km's (Via Omarama)
- Lake Benmore --- Waimate 115km's (Via Hakataramea Highway)
- Waimate --- Fairlie 111km's (Via Timaru)
- Fairlie --- Methven 126km's (Via Pudding Hill Rd)
- Methven --- Christchurch 100km's (Via West Melton)
- Cromwell --- Omarama 115km's
- Omarama --- Burkes Pass 105km's
- Burkes Pass --- Mayfield 106km's
- Mayfield --- Darfield 110km's
- Darfield --- Christchurch 110km's (Via Oxford, Rangiora)
Total of 546kms
- Lawrence --- Middlemarch 120km's (Via Lake Mahinerangi)
- Middlemarch --- Duntroon 100km's (Via Kyeburn, Dansey’s Pass)
- Duntroon --- Burkes Pass 113km's (Via Hakataramea Valley)
- Burkes Pass --- Ashburton 100km's (Via Orari Bridge, Arundel)
- Ashburton --- Christchurch 108km's (Via Weedons-Ross Rd)
Total of 541km