There are three scholarships to St Bede’s College available at Year 9 Level:
- College Boarding Scholarship – full boarding and tuition fees for two years.
- College Day Boy Scholarship – full tuition fees for two years.
- Old Boys’ Association Scholarship for Day Boys – full tuition fees for two years.
To be eligible to gain a Scholarship a student must:
- Be a Roman Catholic
- Be under the age of 13 years at 1st June the year before he commences Year 9
- Be a New Zealand Resident
- Sit the Common Entrance and Assessment Test at the College (or in his local school if his home town is not in the South Island) on the day set down
The award of each Scholarship is reviewed annually and renewal is dependent upon a student’s satisfactory academic progress.
The Mills Scholarship is awarded at the completion of his forth year to a student who has contributed to, and provided, leadership in the cultural life of the College. The Scholarship is for Attendance Due Fees for one year.
The Ministry of Education has various bursaries and allowances available.
- School Boarding Bursary – eligibility is determined by the distance the student lives from the nearest state school or school bus stop. The distance being 4.8km for a child over the age of 10 years. More information.
- Secondary School Technical Bursary – available for Year 10 and 11 students. Eligibility is determined by a student not being able to obtain tuition in at least two approved subjects at their local school. The student’s course must include at least four nationally approved subjects.
Application forms are available from the local branch of the Ministry of Education or the College office.