If you are interested in enrolling your son at St Bede’s College, please read the Enrolment section of the website. Application packs are available from the International Office, or you can download the forms from this page – refer below. Return your Application for Enrolment Form with the relevant information and application fee to the Director of International Students. Before you complete the Enrolment form it is important you read the Policies and Guidelines Document 2013/ 2014 and the summary of the Code of Practice (www.minedu.govt.nz/goto/International). You must sign the form to confirm you have done so and have understood and accepted all provisions as set out in all documents.
Download the Application for Enrolment Form here.
The Application Form must be completed fully and needs to include:
- A photocopy of the title page of your son’s passport.
- A photocopy of his student visa (if issued).
- Copies of recent school reports translated into English.
- Any other supporting material such as cultural or sporting achievements.
- Full names and addresses of parents for students under 18, and of an emergency contact.
- Details of the student’s current medical and travel insurance.
Every International student who is not a New Zealand citizen or a New Zealand resident must have a valid student visa before commencing studies at St Bede’s College.
A student visa is usually valid for a year and students must apply for a new permit before the old one expires. The requirements for a students visa are as follows:
- Completed and signed, ‘Application for Student Visa’ form, with a passport-size photograph;
- Written ‘offer of place’;
- Receipt of payment of fees;
- Guarantee of accommodation;
- Evidence that funds are available for support during the student’s stay in New Zealand.
For further information go to www.immigration.govt.nz.
Medical and Travel Insurance
International Students must have medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand and for travel to and from New Zealand. Students are required to provide evidence of their medical and travel insurance. This may be arranged through the Director of International Students.
Most International Students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If students receive medical treatment during their visit they may be liable for the full costs of their treatment. For further details go to www.moh.govt.nz or contact the Ministry of Health.
The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand but students may be liable for all other medical and related costs. For further information go to www.acc.co.nz.