2014 International fees are:
Tuition fee NZ$14,000 per 4 term year.
Home stay fees (if provided by St Bede’s College)
- NZ$220 per week payable in advance
- Placement Fee NZ$250
- Years 9 and 10; NZ $3,050 per term; $12,200 per year
- Years 11, 12 and 13; NZ $3,200 per term; $12,800 per year
NCEA Exam Fee
- NZ$383.30 (Years 11, 12 & 13)
The Board of Trustees reviews all fees annually.
- Uniform (allow at least NZ$600.00)
- Stationery (allow at least NZ$200)
- Pocket money (varies)
- School subject trips and field trips (varies)
- Travel to, from and within New Zealand
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities (all user-pays)
NCEA Exams (National Certificates of Educational Achievement) are New Zealand’s national qualifications for senior secondary students. NCEA is part of the National Qualifications Framework, along with approximately 1,000 other qualifications. At St Bede’s College all senior international students are required to sit NCEA exams which are recognised throughout the world at many universities and high schools. These exams are compulsory for all senior students (Years 11, 12 & 13). For more information about these exams, please go to: http:///www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/about/index.html.
St Bede’s College has a no refund policy. If the student withdraws from his course of study before the course completion date, he will NOT receive a refund of school fees except in exceptional circumstances. In such cases, the parents should write to the Director of International Students explaining what the exceptional circumstances are: however, the College’s decision is final.
If the application is made before the start of the course, fees will be refunded less:
- an administration fee
- costs to the school already incurred for tuition
- Components of the fee already committed for the duration of the course, including appropriate portions of salaries of teachers and support staff (if applicable)
- any other costs already incurred.
No refund will be made to a student who is excluded from the College by the Board of Trustees.
No refund will be made to an International student who changes visa status to one which entitles them to regular/domestic student status, after one month from date of payment.