Sport at St Bede’s has historically been, and continues to be, a key aspect of College life (Six Pillars).
The College employs a full-time Sports Coordinator, Clare Kissick who is responsible for the management of all matters relating to the provision of sporting opportunities.
St. Bede’s offers 28 sports in summer and winter modules, and there are six self-contained sports clubs that are responsible for the management of their own codes. These are Basketball, Cricket, Football, Hockey, Rowing and Rugby.
The guiding principles for our sporting codes are as follows:
- all students will have the opportunity to participate
- suitable equipment and facilities will be provided
- coaching will be provided
- opportunities for elite sportsmen to reach their full potential will be actively supported
- parents’ support and participation is integral
There is an expectation that the guiding values for the College will be embodied in codes of fair play for all teams.
The weekly draw for sports codes are published in the corresponding College newsletter.
For further up to date information consult the respective association’s websites using the following links:
Wednesday Sport: www.canterbury.schoolsport.org.nz
Contact Clare Kissick, 375 1877, 021 220 3718, Sports Coordinator.